Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Spaghetti Squash Tacos


If I had to pick one food to eat for the rest of my life, I think I might choose tacos. I LOVE tacos. I mean, you can pretty much put anything into a tortilla and call it a taco. You can even use lettuce as the tortilla and call it a taco. Wait, does that still count as a taco? Anyway, these spaghetti squash tacos were posted to my Instagram awhile ago, but these were so tasty I had to memorialize them on the blog. Not only are they delicious and healthy, they're also low carb! So my friends who count macros, go ahead an enjoy your tacos. 

Spaghetti Squash Tacos

What you'll need:
  • 1.5 - 2 lb spaghetti squash
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp salt + 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 1 large egg, whisked
  • 2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 oregano
  • favorite taco ingredients: pulled pork, carne asada, avocados, guacamole, salsa, fresh cilantro, etc
What to do:
  1. Preheat oven to 400F. Split the spaghetti squash length wise. Season each half with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Rub the seasoning into the squash for even coverage. Roast the squash for 40-45 minutes at 400F. 
  2. Remove from the oven and allow to cool (about 8-10 minutes). Use two forks to shread the squash into a large bowl and season with the garlic power and oregano. Stir in the whisked egg until evenly coated. 
  3. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, divide the squash into rounds and flatten each round into a flattened tortilla shape, about 1/4 inch or less thick. Repeat for remaining squash mixture.
  4. Bake at 400F for 12-15 minutes or until edges have browned.
  5. Remove from oven and cool slightly. Prepare tacos using your favorite toppings. Enjoy!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

See What Else I'm Cooking

Powered by Blogger.