Friday, March 7, 2014

Blueberry Cinnamon Roll Pancake Cake



Can I call this a cake if these are plated on a cake stand? Maybe? Okay. I love blueberries and I love cinnamon rolls. So why not combine two things I love into one beautiful stack of awesome?! These have grassfed protein powder in them, so they're not strictly paleo (dairy). I added the protein because this was my post-workout meal. I need the protein to keep my GAINZ. Haha.

Blueberry Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
What you'll need:

  • 3 eggs
  • 2 TBSP coconut oil, melted
  • 1/3 cup almond milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/3 cup tapioca flour
  • 1/4 cup coconut flour
  • 1 scoop protein powder (I used Vanilla Formulx)
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • pinch of ground nutmeg
  • 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
  • coconut oil/butter for frying
  • 1 cup blueberries
  • juice of 1/2 lemon
What to do:
  1. In a food processor or blender, blend together the eggs, coconut oil, almond milk, and vanilla together (for about 30 seconds), making sure everything is blended well.
  2. Add the rest of the ingredients, except for the apple cider vinegar, and blend until combined. Once combined, pulse in the apple cider vinegar.
  3. Allow the batter to stand for a few minutes to thicken up a bit.
  4. In a pan, heat a little coconut oil or grassfed butter/ghee over low heat. Pour about 1/4 cup (I used an ice cream scoop) of batter into pan and let it cook for about 1 minute. Flip and cook for another 30 seconds on the other side. Repeat until you've made all your pancakes from the batter. Set aside to make the blueberry sauce.
  5. In a saucepan, heat the blueberries and lemon juice over low heat. Stirring to keep it from burning prior to all the juices from the blueberries are released. Allow to cook for low heat for about 3-5 minutes or until most of the blueberries have burst and released its juices, swirling the pot occasionally. 
  6. Top the pancakes with the blueberry sauce. Eat. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

See What Else I'm Cooking

Powered by Blogger.