Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Mini Chocolate Pudding Cookie Pie

Chocolate pudding Snak-Paks were a staple in my home growing up. Mom packed one in my lunch box almost every day. I had quite the sweet tooth back then, but now that I'm older, sweets just aren't something I want. But give me a bowl of chips and guac and I'll be at that all day. Anyway, just because I don't have the same sweet tooth doesn't mean I don't occasionally crave a little sugar. Pudding is surprisingly easy to make and paired with my Small Batch Chocolate Cookies, they're magical. 

Mini Chocolate Pudding Cookie Pie 

What you'll need


  •  chocolate cookie dough
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 2 tbsp cocoa powder (or use 4 tbsp and omit the FlavorGod)
  • 2 tbsp FlavorGod Chocolate Donut 
  • 2 tbsp maple sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp gelatin (I used Great Lakes Red can)

  • What to do:
    1. Preheat oven to 350F. Make the chocolate chip cookie pie crust. Make sure the dough is chilled as it will be easier to handle. Divide the batter evenly (using my small batch recipe, I was able to fill three) into a silicone muffin tin. Use your fingers to press down and up the sides slightly. Bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and use a greased shot glass to make a well in the center of each cookie. Cool and set aside. 
    2. To make the pudding, combine the almond milk, cocoa powder, maple sugar, and vanilla in a small sauce pan. Heat over medium low. Whisk until combined. Then evenly sprinkle the gelatin over the top. Allow the gelatin to bloom and then whisk until combined. Heat the mixture until it starts to steam. Remove from heat and allow to cool in a container. Cover and let it set in the fridge overnight. 
    3. The following day, whisk the pudding. Then add to the cookie crust. Serve with more cookie crumbles and whipped coconut cream. 


    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    See What Else I'm Cooking

    Powered by Blogger.